Thursday, February 24, 2011

Boros and the DC Open

So this coming Saturday marks my return to the bigger stages of Magic play. I'm a bit nervous and trying to figure out how to keep my calm in the face of losing. I plan to write a much bigger article at some point about the effects of going on TILT. That'll be a nail biter! :)

Anyway, I made some slight changes to Boros as you see it below. I -1 Mirran Crusader and +1 Spikeshot Elder. I think having a one of is pretty good. If you hit it with an Adventuring Gear it can be pretty brutal. I also took out -1 Koth of the Hammer and replaced it with +2 Hero of Oxid Ridge which I think has a better synergy. I also dropped the Emerge down to +2. I'm unsure if i'm going to run Emerge Unscated or the Journey to Nowhere. To be honest this will more than likely be a game day decision.

I also slightly tweaked the sideboard based on some playtesting and getting beat my Kuldotha Red and Ramp decks.

2x Cunning Sparkmage
2x Basilisk Collar
4x Kor Firewalker
1x Koth of the Hammer
4x Arc Trail
2x Mark of Mutiny

The list is very similar to what Paul Rietzl ran at Pro Tour Paris. I feel like it has pretty good match ups against most of the field.

I'll have a full report on my SCG DC Open experience next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment