Monday, December 7, 2009

Eldrazi: The Bloodraided Tourney Report

So I've determined that this deck really only truly fears one deck type and that is Jund. Jund obliterates me if I don't start off super fast. If I can start fast and pull off an Eldrazi Monument early enough, it's game in the bank. Same thing goes for control decks. I got hit with three, count them three Day of Judgement and still won the game.

During the tourney this past weekend everyone had trouble with Noyan's TurboFog deck and I didn't seem to. I was patient, waiting until he had tapped out and made my move, winning the round 2-0. I lost in the top 4 to Jund and Noyan beat Gary who was running Jund in the final.

So what does this tell me, it tells me to continue tweaking my sideboard.

Right now I have the following

4x Pyroclasm (to deal with tokens from Sprouting Thrinax)
3x Windstorm (for Sphinx)
3x Acidic Slime (to beat down on manabases for Jund and Cruel Control)
3x Mold Shambler (for the same reason and also has a way to deal with Planeswalkers)
2x Vines of Vastwood.

By the way, I also made the following change:

-3 Burst Lighting
+1 Lightning Bolt
+2 Sarkhan Vol

Let me tell you what a difference Sarkhan makes in this deck, it's unbelievable how awesome he is. Also popping off his ultimate, and then laying down another Sarkhan to give 5 dragons haste = win.

No comments:

Post a Comment