Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Playtesting

Okay so did a bit of playtesting last night. Unfortunately only got one round in against Vampires but it was encouraging data against another aggro deck.

I played first and played a Kazandu Refuge, going to 21 life. My opponent played a swamp and passed the turn. On turn two I played a Forest and played Birds of Paradise. On their turn two, she dropped a swamp and played Vampire Hexmage. At the end of her turn I Burst the Hexmage for two. On my turn 3, i dropped an Oran Rief and played an Elvish Visionary, sticking a counter to it with Oran Rief. On my opponent's next turn they kicked a Gatekeeper and I sacrificed the Visionary. On turn 4 I dropped another Kazandu Refuge going to 22. I played Garruk, untapping two of my lands and passing the turn. On their turn they played a Bloodghast and hit me with Duress, although i had nothing of note. On the next turn I played an Oran Rief and passed the turn. On their turn they played a Vampire Nighthawk and swung in with the Bloodghast, taking me to 20. On my turn I played a Forest and did the following. Tapped to play Bloodbraid Elf, drawing up a Burst Lightning I used to get rid of the Bloodghast. I then used Garruk's ability to untap two lands and cast another Bloodbraid Elf drawing up a Lightning Bolt which I used to take out the Nighthawk. I swung in for six. On their turn they played a hexmage and used it to take out my Garruk. On my turn I stuck another Refuge going back to 21 and proceeded to play a Nissa, which I used to draw up a Chosen and hit it with two counters courtesy of the Oran Riefs in play. I swung for an additional six damage. On their next turn they hit another Hexmage, which they unfortunately used again to get rid of my planeswalker, I say unfortunately because I feel it was the wrong move. On my next turn I stuck another Oran Rief and hit for lethal damage.

Not a pretty game and definitely not indicative of the vampires deck, but I really love hitting Bloodbraid Elf and drawing up burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment