Friday, March 26, 2010

Getting My Bearings Back

So lately I've had a lot of trouble not getting upset about losing when I play Magic. I think it's because of where I'm at as a player. And I think this ties in to my rant on the reserved list. I am becoming what I ranted against and hate most. I am becoming someone who cares more about the monetary aspect of the game than the game itself. I've gotten into the mindset where if I can't go top 4 at an FNM and get promo cards and prize packs, there's no reason for me to go.

This is the worst kind of player and it's exactly the reason why I was excited that BHJ created a tourney at the Rotunda Mall because most of the guys who play up at Legends are these types of players.

This game is supposed to be fun, it's supposed to be a GAME. Somewhere along the line I have forgotten that and I need to find my way back to where it's a game first and winning tourneys is secondary. That is my goal in the next few weeks.

For those that don't know I will be running Standard tournaments of my own at Collectors Corner MD on Harford Rd in Parkville starting April 3rd. Signups at 11am and we start play at 11:30am. This is in no way meant to intrude on the Rotunda's business which is why I'm doing the tourneys when I'm doing them. I figure those that don't play Magic League or on Magic League off weeks can come support my tourney. This month we're giving out promo Baloths and Kor Firewalkers. In addition 2 packs per entry for the prize pool. Come out and help me get back into enjoying this game ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment