Saturday, March 13, 2010

Optimus Prime Control



Okay so I've been battling the internal demons for awhile now to build an actual control deck with counterspells in it and I finally broke down and did it. I hate you very much to both Big Head Joe and Joey Pasco.

Anyway my version of this deck is to control the board via burn and counter. I can win in one of three ways. I can pop off Jace's ultimate on the Mind Sculpter version (as soon as I get one more of these I will be taking the other version of Jace out of the deck), load up a Pyromancer's Ascension and burn away, or a combination of Sphinx of Jwar Isle and Calcite Snapper.

Speaking of Pyromancer's Ascension, I think it's absolutely wonderful in this deck. Imagine having it out and being able to cast a kicked Into the Roil. Return two permanents to their owner's hands and draw two cards for four mana. EFFICIENT.

I like the way this deck plays out. I have a little trouble with aggro decks that are fast, but from playtesting I've still won a game on just 1 life. Once I get to a certain point, it's impossible for me not to control the entire board.

I'm open to suggestions on how to improve this and NO I am not open to making this grixis colors. I like only having two colors and I think that having three takes away from what I'm trying to do with the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment